At Eclipse, we combine know-how in production, manufacturing and distribution to provide custom state-of-the-art automated solutions worldwide. We service the Life Science, Transportation, Energy, Consumer, Electronics and Industrial markets. Eclipse has 14 facilities in Canada, the United States and Europe.
The Eclipse culture is fast-paced and we value an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative mind-set. Our people have the courage to create with relentless reinvention. They take action, are proud of their work and love what they do. Join our organization and you will work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
For its fifth consecutive year, Eclipse was recognized as one of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies for overall business excellence. Eclipse was also a five-year recipient of the Growth 500 Award that celebrates Canada’s most dynamic and successful businesses.
Employee Benefits and Perks
With over 650 employees, we believe that our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that supports the growth and well-being of our staff.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Health, Wellness and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Minimum 3-Weeks Vacation at Start
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Matching Retirement Savings Contributions
- BBQ’s, Golf and More
- Complementary Deluxe Snacks
- Modern Lounge and Games Room
- On-site Employee Gym
- Education Financial Support
- International Exchange
- Leadership Programs
- Discounts at the Eclipse Store
- Employee Referral Program
- Safety and First Aid Training
- Safety Shoes and Hardhats
- Tool Purchase Program
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the Sales Account Manager will work with and leverage the Management and Applications teams to identify and qualify custom automation sales opportunities and provide technical advice in order to accelerate sales growth. Must be familiar with the custom automation field, practices, and procedures as they relate to the industry sector. The incumbent will rely on their extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish sales target and objective, and deliver the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
- Proactive recognize issues, initiate action, assist in problem solving and evaluate results on major issues
- Develop comprehensive strategy for each account with focus to foster strong, long term relationships, while identifying current and future projects and broadening our current scope of business
- Develop and expand sales activity within specific accounts in key markets
- Interact with Canadian and US offices to ensure the successful implementation of new customer acquisition plans to attain overall business objectives
- Create brief 'white papers' that detail the customer, the applications and the purchase of additional products/systems for leverage by other sales groups within the company
- Obtain and review bid specifications, coordinating all aspects of proposal, technical resource activities and necessities as required to construct a sound and saleable technical solution
- Familiarity with customer relationship management systems
- Bring innovative thinking and problem solving to our customer's problems
- Promote positive relations between departments and with partners, customers, vendors, and distributors
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of customer relations
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance customer relations which support continuous improvement initiatives
- Recommend Eclipse Database improvements on an ongoing basis to increase efficiency throughout the company
- Continuously resource new innovative solutions for corporate competitiveness
- Natural ability to produce and deliver company's capabilities presentations
- Ensure concepts meet Eclipse Automation quality, safety, and reliability standards
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Promote Personal Development and Safe work practices, working environment and improve department operations
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Ensure Eclipse policy and procedures are consistently followed
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones cannot be met
- Ensure that company ISO standards are followed
- Expectation of travel up to 50% of the time could be anticipated, however this may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet sales or project needs·
University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Business, with experience in Automation
- 5-10 years of outside sales experience, preferably in automation environment
- Strong technical product and systems sales background with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional Organizational and Coordination skills
- Self-Starter, capable of taking initiative to identify and resolve problems
This position is open for Eclipse HQ in Cambridge, Ontario, and Eclipse Stratford.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.